Re: The List

At 02:16 PM 3/23/00 -0500, Dan Forant wrote:
>Exactly, in a free debating society, free speech is 100% just that. The
>Internet has moved on from the past rules and regulations. Listees should
>not have to go to the List Owner and cry. If problems are exposed, they
>will shrink by their own weight. I don't read every post either, depends,
>like a newspaper, you pick and chose. What is private email? What isn't
>posted.

Come on you know exactly what I meant by Private E-mail. Mail that is sent
from person to person and not meant to be seen or read by others. If you
send an E mail to say Dan and he sends it to the Celtics list would you not
be a tad miffed? I would hope so cause I sure would as I have a reasonable
expectation that what I send to an individual stays with that person. I
never said Jaimi should "cry" to the list owner that is your term.I said
report threats or harrassing emails to the people who can actually do
something about it either the list owner or the ISP of the alleged
offender. I won't even touch the free speech issue as this has dragged on
enough as it is. Later.Mike