Re: playoff run

I like Joe's optimism in my heart but my head is leaning towards Dan
Forant's position. Orlando is 19 and 13 at home and they play their next
seven games there. It doesn't look good but I sure hope my head is wrong. I
know that some people want the C's to get into the lottery and maybe get
lucky ( we are overdue for some good luck) but I feel with this young team
that a gut-check successful run to the playoffs will be of even greater
value to the psyche's of these guys and will mean something down the road.
I think you always have to try to win. Look at the bad karma generated by
M.L's tanking to try and get Duncan. Winning breeds confidence and
confidence breeds winning. I just think the C's got it together too late.
The team that won back to back road games did not even remotely resemble
the team I've been watching all year. Antoine looked as if he was going to
make people forget Larry during this recent stretch. The weird thing is,
the teams' amazing play  perfectly dovetailed with the "Pitino vs Boston"
negativity brouhaha.If these guys played anywhere close to the
smart,inspired, under control hoops that they played recently, none of that
whole fuss would have happened.

                                     Michael A. DiZio