Re: Cousy

Cecil-

At 01:46 PM 5/26/02 -0700, Cecil Wright wrote:
>I am unsure if you were directing all of your remarks to me or not, however,
>allow me to say the following:
>
>My comments regarding the Cooz were rather complimentary toward he and Kidd.
>My questioning Kidd's heart

OOPS. My mistake. I thought you were questioning Cousy's heart, which it
honestly did look like you were saying in the context of the thread and
because you only spoke of he, never naming Kidd as the subject, as if in a
continuation of your prior paragraph about Cous..

>My other comment regards the treatment of Antoine.  I am not sure how long
>you have been on this list, but if anyone who has been here for any length
>of time tells you that I drilled Antoine for being too emotional last year,
>they are lying to you.  I have been one of the few who supported Toine
>through everything from supposed selfishness and worrying only about
>personal stats, to Pitino, to versatility, to improving his free throw
>percentage dramatically, to the wiggle, etc.

Well  on this one II did say *WE* i.e. Cs fans in general. I didn't say you
in particular or even you meant to be a generalization, but open to
misunderstanding. And I don't think you (particular) can argue with there
having been widespread condemnation.

On the list a while ago under a prior email, off for a while after a
computer crash and annoyance with some stuff about the list, back on this
year. So yeah, you were a name I certainly knew, along with the general
tenor of your thoughts. Which means that going back to the Cooz point I was
actually pretty shocked at what I thought you were saying.

>By the way, for those who may have overlooked this fact, the backcourt
>employed by the C's for the 11-0 run to start the 4th qtr was Kenny and
>Delk.  In fact, they played the entire quarter.  The only sub used was
>Rodney who came in for Battie with 6:43 reamining and went the rest of the
>way.

Yeah, I know. I was shuddering. And then didn't Delk out-rebound some of
the big boys just to spite me : )

Again, sorry for misunderstanding over whose heart you were questioning.