Re: Cousy

Kim,

I am unsure if you were directing all of your remarks to me or not, however,
allow me to say the following:

My comments regarding the Cooz were rather complimentary toward he and Kidd.
My questioning Kidd's heart is not the first time I have brought this up, as
Jim Hill will attest.  He certainly showed some fire when he thought Pierce
had his elbows up a little too high for his liking.  Maybe his teammates
would benefit from a show of emotion from him once in a while like Antoine
did.  Most Boston fans, on this list, rate players according to how they
perform when their team reaches the playoffs.  I am humbly asking what has
Kidd ever done in the playoffs?  I am not sure he takes his team to the
promised land as one would expect given his numbers.  I'm not kicking the
guy in the kidneys here, just asking a question.

My other comment regards the treatment of Antoine.  I am not sure how long
you have been on this list, but if anyone who has been here for any length
of time tells you that I drilled Antoine for being too emotional last year,
they are lying to you.  I have been one of the few who supported Toine
through everything from supposed selfishness and worrying only about
personal stats, to Pitino, to versatility, to improving his free throw
percentage dramatically, to the wiggle, etc.

As for OB, I'll say that back when he took the job, many ridiculed him for
saying he wanted Toine to shoot the open three and I was one of the few who
reminded some folks on this list of that fact.  I suggested that instead of
raking Toine over the coals for shooting it, he was merely following the
instructions of his coach who said from day one that he wanted that shot
taken.  Some intimated such thoughts as "well what else do you expect OB to
say since he doesn't want to get run out of town like Toine did to Pitino".
I give him tremendous credit for getting the maximum, on most nights, out of
this team, and I feel, though Carlisle did a great job also, that OB should
have been COTY.

So, as I said, I am hoping that the only comments you made which were
intended for me, was about Kidd's behavioral style because I don't see where
the rest applies.

By the way, for those who may have overlooked this fact, the backcourt
employed by the C's for the 11-0 run to start the 4th qtr was Kenny and
Delk.  In fact, they played the entire quarter.  The only sub used was
Rodney who came in for Battie with 6:43 reamining and went the rest of the
way.

I remember some folks thought that Kenny and Delk were our weakest defensive
backcourt, but it's apparent that OB does not agree.

Cecil