BUNGLE IN THE JUNGLE

Holley was looking for a name for what occurred yesterday. I think Bulpett
got it perfectly with the "Bungle in the Jungle". Give him the credit....

Jackie M. comes off Saturday with the homerism article of the need to sign
Travis Best next year. Man, talk about a bandwagoneer! That was an article
that comes right off of the internet boards. We are in the midst of the
Eastern conference finals and she suddenly has come up with the missing link
for next year. I wouldn't fault her as being caught up like an innocent fan
but if she was such a fan, where were all these ideas the past 10 years? A
pure bandwagoneer....

You could ask why Bob Ryan has some of the same interest now. However, you
let him by because he is such a good writer. No one is better in linking in
the Celtics past history than Bob Ryan....

PJ and the NBC play-by-play guy were horrible yesterday. They should be
fired. They had as Brent Musburger put it "one for the ages" and they hardly
raised any level of emotion in their voice. Any basketball fan, whether you
were a Celtic fan or not, would have gotten excited by the Celtics comeback.
When you listen to the ESPN highlights, who has dubbed over using the radio
broadcast of Brent Musburger and Jack Ramsey, you instantly hear the
difference. This game will go down as one the greatest ever and forever it
will be tainted by substandard announcers, unless they redo it using the
radio feed....

I also have to question the irritating interviews while the game is being
played. They even did a cutaway during live action! You would have thought
they were interviewing the President of the US or it was an exhibition game.
But no, it was just an interview with Rod Thorn, Nets GM. NBC is getting so
caught up in the internet style of throwing advertisments and banners during
the free throw action that they now have to do their interviews during the
live action. Good thing they are losing the NBA...

Finally, you got to love the By Scott postgame comments. He was giving it the
"only one game" spin with a half-smile to back it. Yet, you know it was
killing him inside. The second best thing if you can't stick it to a Laker is
to stick it to a former Laker....

DJessen33