Re: Cousy

At 10:33 AM 5/26/02 -0700, Cecil Wright wrote:
><Cooz>
>But I question his heart.  He rarely shows any emotion always preferring to
>speak in that monotoned style of speech...almost as if he is thinking please
>don't ask anything I need to be honest about.  Ya know?  Like when he
>replied that Kenyon Martin merely played the game hard when asked about all
>the flagrant fouls.

No, I think you've got to be kidding. That's his style, for cripes sake.
Even when we were winning he kept a relatively even keel (well, except for
a few too many mon ami's). Does this mean you have serious reservations
about O'B's heart too, because he's not exactly a rabble rouser in
interviews too. And I'll take the fact over the appearance any time I can.
And I'll also admit that I totally fail to see the point to all this
obsessing over what old players don't do. I think it's great the ones that
come and support the team and even better with the ones that do some hands
on (which I believe I've read during this playoff run that Cooz has done),
and certainly appreciate the tradition it represents, but that's about all
the importance I think it has.

Sigh. I really hate these stupid "a REAL fan" would do or say X arguments
as if the person speaking's personal preferences are the only possible
option. I'll tell you what, I'd rather listen to the praise when it comes
from someone like Cooz, who doesn't blind himself to the faults and
therefore gives evidence of knowing what he's talking about, than I would
if it's green it's good even when it's bad Tommy (who I can't stand to
listen to but have never felt the need to impose that on others) or Johnny
Most (who I also hated to listen to back when living in Boston meant that I
was the only one who couldn't watch the game because we were the last ones
to get cable)..

I guess actions don't speak louder than words to you. Cooz has been there,
through good and bad into horrible. Eyes wide open, but there. I respect
that and I've never doubted that he cared. Capital C if you need it.

>Antoine Walker gets in the face of Pierce and the rest of his
>teammates....Kidd seems to back off from doing the same with Martin.  Maybe
>it's because this is only his first year there...whatever the fact....I am
>glad.

And even last year ago we were Antoine hell for doing exactly the same thing...

If we were REAL fans <evil grin>

So, does anyone else think the name for the Nets' *ugh* road uni color is
swamps of joisey toxic sludge? Not THAT'S important, dammit <g>

Kim