Re: Changing out struts and springs... should I even consider taking this on myself?

I have never done this on a VW but it is the same layout as my E30 M3,
which I have done.  I don't think you should have any problems.  Take your
time and try and find a friend to do the job with you.  One side note, I
found that the new springs were short enough that I didn't need to use a
spring compressor to get them back on.

Steve Nash
1997 GLX
1989 M3