Changing out struts and springs... should I even consider taking this on myself?

I'm thinking of getting a set of Konis and H&R springs, which alone are not quite going to break the
bank, but the install labor could quite easily. How hard is this procedure for someone with mediocre
mechanical aptitude? If I got a spring compressor could I relatively safely do this myself with the
aid of my Bentley? Or should I just save up and let my mechanic do it?

Any input is appreciated!

# Nathan
1996 glx