Re: stock tires do not suck(oh yes they do)

At 10:31 PM -0500 1/30/2000, Bill Hussey wrote:
>"George Turner, Jr" wrote:
>
>I have no problem with people who want more
>performance, I have a problem with people who blame their own driving problems
>on tires.

OK, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. If you're going
to say that the problem with my setup is ME, and not the tires, that
is a bunch of bullshit. You don't know what I experience every day in
the morning, and I've had better experiences in a damn Corolla in
this SAME situation than I've had with my lame GA's.

I drive my girlfriend's Jetta (A4 4banger chassis) and I have no
problems going up the hill. In my A3 VR6? It's like a slip and slide.

>They are the best all around tire that VW could've put on this car.  From a
>price/performance/comfort standpoint, they should do well for all types of
>people.  Pure enthusiasts make up what??? ... 10% of Jetta owners.  Better
>(read: More expensive) tires would go to waste under the hands of the average
>Jetta owner.

Sure, the average Jetta owner, but the average GLX owner?

>Bring what to this list??  My comments .. well then maybe you should keep your
>mouth shut too??  One person writes in about the exceptional
>performance he/she gets from high-performance tires, and how the
>stockers pale in comparison.

I think George was a little out of line to tell you not to air your
comments (I forget his exact wording), everyone's opinions (if
properly aired with mutual respect) are welcome here, as long as they
are essentially Jetta enthusiasts.

Personally, I have a problem with you blaming me for something that
are fairly clearly the shortcomings of the tire. Unless I don't know
what the hell I'm talking about (a distinct possibility) and no
matter what tire I use I'll get the same experience...

But I doubt that's the case. I'll bet that there is a particular tire
I'm looking for that will handle the wet in the Pacific Northwet
better than these GA's, and I'll know that soon enough.

So, I'll post in a couple of months that, either

a) I'm the man, and you're wasting our time with your defense of the GA's, or

b) you're the man, and I'm wasting our time with my criticism of the
GA's, and that I just wasted money on more expensive tires, and that
see you guys, it's time for me to go and buy a 4WD sportscar, so
maybe I'll see you on the Audi list.

Until then, let's end this relatively uninformative thread.

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax