Re: stock tires do not suck(oh yes they do)

So are you saying that you take a *virtually stock* auto jetta and run it at
the track and your friends are impressed with it?
What kind of car are your friends driving?
Surely you must be joking?  T1's on a stock jetta will out perform GA's in
every aspect.  If you claim the other tires you have ran on have less
feedback, then you may need to take the time out to actually learn the
characteristics of those tires.  If you did that, them you would not be
making remarks on how well GA's are.  The GA may be the best tire for YOUR
specific need, but they are by far not the best all around tire.  Once one
has taken the time to learn the patterns and characteristics of other tires
then you dare not to mention GA again.
Who told you -1 degree chews up tires?  I have been running that set up for
about 2 years now, and it has never chewed up any tire I have had or
shortened the life span either. The only way a -1 deg. set up will chew up
your tires is if you continuously drive in a straight line (or never play
around in your car).  If you do that... then I wonder about your credibility
concerning track racing in a stock auto jetta.
    And which camber plates are you referring to??? for an 8v or VR6?  I
have been looking for some but can not seem to find any that survive on
California streets... and Cali streets have some of the smoothest streets in
the states.   If you get a lot of flack on the VFR list, there is a reason
why.  Maybe you should stay over there and not bring that to this list.
Take your 2 cents back to the VFR list.
George