Toyo T1 Plus impressions (drag racing)

Well, I went to the track last night, and must admit that I am
dissapointed with the Toyo T1s in a drag racing environment.  They
required a very deft minipulation of the clutch and throttle to keep
them from spinning.  However, after lowering the air pressure in the
tires, I was able to hook up for a 2.28 60 foot time, on my way to a
9.86 second @ 70.89 mph.  My best with the 17" FZ4s was a 2.192 60 foot
and a 9.66 @ 72 mph.  One reason may be this...  The T1s, in the
205/50-15, are not as high performance as the same tire in the 17"
size.  I had considered returning the tires, and putting the credit
towards a set of 205/40-17 T1s,  but since I am trying to sell my
wheels, have decided against it.  I may try out a pair of Toyo RA-1s,
thier autocross tire.  The reason I am trying to stay with Toyo is
because they sponser the major import drag races, and back it up with
money, 500 bucks, to anyone that wins thier class with Toyos on two
axels.  I did this in April, and came home from an event with a total of
650 bucks.

Billy T.