Re: wind noise

At 1:34 PM -0800 11/18/98, Steve Insalaco wrote:
>I'm still lovin my Green '97 GLX, but suddenly I've been experiencing
>some wind noise at speeds greater than 35 mph.  It sounds like it is
>coming from the top trailing edge of the front passenger door.  I have
>tried applying some weather stripping, but have had no luck pinpointing
>the problem area.
>Another frustrating sound is that rattling noise the Mexican assembled
>Jetta's have.  Some of the interior molding squeaks or rattles.  I was
>thinking of applying some silicone lube to the areas where the molding
>is in contact with other peaces, but thought a cleaner method might be
>out there.

One of my friends recommended Armor All "Tire Shiner" stuff. You know, the
stuff they put on the tires to make them look all pretty.

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225