Re: Carroll is an idiot

Although I hesitate to call Carrol an idiot I aggree with most of what you posted. Carrobie will never play Hunter or Mihm long minutes or Perkins any as long as his indespensible Waltah has a breath in him. 6 pts and 4 rebounds in 41 minutes, good thing Perkins didnt get 5 minutes or he would have had better stats. What Carrobie gets out of Waltah (outside threat) he can get by playing Jiri in the same role but at a small forward instead of a power forward, How are we to start a fast break with only 1 true rebounder in the game at any given time..... did I say Carrobie is an idiot?

Go Celts

Steve Ouellette <bosox18@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't want to stray from the central theme, which should be that
Carroll is an idiot ...

I'm not even going to go off on his Brandon Hunter abuse this time, it's
just his total lack of any substitution pattern whatsoever, especially
in the second halves of games. When the Celtics won, it was written off
as "smart coach sticking with the hot hands" ... but how should it be
described when they get crushed with the same "I'm sleeping but my eyes
are propped open" approach?

The idiot made one substitution the entire second half (Ricky Davis in
for a red-hot Jiri) until the game was way, way out of reach with 3 1/2
minutes left. Other coaches in history have noticed that some players
get fatigued when never coming out (especially against teams that run
all the time), but apparently the Celtics are ironmen and their top five
are of such quality that no reserve can do them justice.

Not so John Carroll. He put Walter McCarty in with four minutes gone in
the first quarter and left him in until the damage was complete, 41
consecutive minutes. With the Celtics getting absolutely murdered on the
boards (their m.o. before Brandon Hunter got his short-lived burst of
playing time), Walter stayed in, powering for six points, five fouls and
four rebounds. The idiot had the unmitigated gall to complain to the
sideline reporter at the half that, hey, we're getting killed on the
boards ... THEN DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. Seven minutes for Hunter, six for
Mihm, and that includes the final 3:30 of garbage time.

If Carroll wants to play a small forward at power forward, then stick
Ricky, Pierce and Jiri all in the lineup at the same time. Each one of
them is a better passer, rebounder, scorer and defender than Walter,
height be damned.

Did I mention that the Celtics have to play again against the Spurs 24
hours later? Sure hope Walter is fresh.

STEVE
Do you Yahoo!?