Re: Misdirected E-mail #2/Take a deep breath all

----- Original Message -----
From: Lance Jacobson <lancejacob@attbi.com>
To: Cecil <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>; <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: Misdirected E-mail #2/Take a deep breath all

>     Yeah, that's first in the NBA.  Ever hear of Kobe and Shaq?  Iverson
never
>     yells at his teammates at all.  Neither does Michael.  Larry never got
in
>     his teammates faces and challenged them ever...did he?  You are making
the
>     guy out to be worse than Laimbeer.>>Cecil
>
> I hate to break this to you, but PAUL'S A TEAM CAPTAIN!!!  AND TWAN HAD TO
CALL HIM
> OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME, RIGHT ON THE FLOOR!

Oh I get it now....the caps are meant to emphasize it.

> Cecil, you're scraping to find examples of other NBA teams that have
friction.  First
> of all, the Lakers have been to the Finals and walked away with the prize
for 3 years
> running.  We've yet to see them.  Kobe-Shaq have a right to squabble over
who gets the
> King of the Hill award, we're just trying to crawl into the playoffs, and
who thought
> we'd get there without Rodney, who cost us two first rounders for 40
games?   Not what
> I call a good ROI, sir.

So it is all about winning.  If you win the title, you have a right to
squabble?  If you are merely taking your team to the ECS, that means little.
I'd say we accomplished, to use your vernacular, FAR more than crawling into
the playoffs.

> And now he's gone, so the leadership mantle rests on two guys who needed
the Sixth Man
> of the Year winner to get them that far, the only other Celt to average
double digits,
> and he's gone.  I'm sure you feel that Kobe/Shaq are just as dependent on
Horry,
> right?

Tell me Lance...who was it who hit the key basket for the Lakers last year
when the game was on the line?  Was it one of their captains, or someone
named Horry?

> If anybody's bringing up Kenny's contributions at this point in the cycle,
it's
> adversarial.  I didn't bring it up, nor will I accept the I taunted her
about him.

Do you accept anything?  Do you accept that you have come in hear with guns
ablazing from the outset?  Someone who has been asked over and over by
several individuals to tone down your posts?  To stop belittling and
insulting members of this list?  To read your latest posts, you give the
impression that Tammo started picking on you simply because you have an
opinion, something she apparently is not entitled to.  I asked you nicely to
stop with the personal insults.  Have you stopped?  Do you have any
intention of doing such?  Not by what I see.

> Most national writers say Kenny didn't get the credit he deserved for the
whole
> season.  If Tammo wants to denigrate him now, she'll hear it back from me.
Let's see
> if the Captain who never said a peep about missing Kenny finds Baker more
to his
> liking.  So far, he's only said the Vin has to prove himself to HIM.

Why not just take the immortal Ryan Lee's advice and take it off list?  You
have never addressed my posts about enjoying creating these arguments.  Why?
You have a problem with Tammo dissing Kenny but that is all you have done in
regards to Pierce.  How come you can, but she can't?  Why the double
standard?

> Oh, and let's find more examples of Andre Miller being a bad-mouth trash
talker.  You
> also claim he couldn't put the ball in the ocean.  Take a look at how the
other FIBA
> teams used their PGs.  Andre was supposed to move the ball, not shoot.  I
don't hear
> you griping about Baron Davis, whose play was far worse, but if anybody
talks back the
> The Truth, they get ex-communicated.

Well you don't often hear my griping about any players.  You were the one
who mentioned Miller in the context of bickering with Pierce, no?  So that
is why I mentioned his name.  I thought it was about being a team player
which is what you had been talking about.  Are you changing that up now?  I
asked when Miller was the poster boy for teamsmanship.  Care to answer that
question?

> Keep the faith, Cecil.  That's your best bet.

Happy to.

Cecil