Re: Celts-Bulls

At 10:53 11/3/2001 -0800, you wrote:
> [...]

No, it's not impossible at all. It's a matter of priorities. Some people
care the most about playing D, others about passing, still others about
rebounding. Antoine's #1 thing is scoring, preferrably in a hotdogging
fashion, preferrably against Chicago so that all his homies can watch it.
It does NOT mean he doesn't care about other things, like passing, winning,
or rebounding. He just cares about them less.

>His shot selection sucks, always has, but the guy is being told to do this
>by the coach.

Obie is telling him to take bad shots?

> Why do people refuse to see that?  Accept it folks.

I refuse to accept it.

> I laugh
>at all these posts referring to his tossing up so many 3s.  Obie is telling
>him to and you are blaming Toine for following instructions.

Yeah, right. Obie is "telling" him to do that because he has no choice, if
he wants to remain a head coach in the NBA. Obie can no more tell Toine to
do things than Doug Collins can tell Jordan what to do. His role advisory -
 he simply doesn't have enough de facto power to tell Toine what to do. So
he just go along with it and takes the blame. That's why they love him so
much - he's their front man.

>There were a few times where he had no choice but to fire away since he
>received a pass with the shot clock expiring.  I suppose he coulda played
>hot potato and simply let the ball drop on the floor to help his fg%.  :-)

Yeah, help it all the way up to .400...