Re: Walker stinks.....period.

At 22:12 11/2/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I never said Toine can't rebound.  He is a great
>defensive rebounder given that the guy can't jump to
>save a lick.  He could be a decent offensive rebounder
>too but he's too busy jacking up 75 threes a game.
>Think about it, he almost averages 10 boards a game.
>If he would do his job and crash the offensive boards
>instead of competing with Pierce to be an offensive
>superstar, he would probably have an additional 3 or 4
>boards a game. That's around 14 boards a game which
>would make him top 5 in the league in boards.  But
>obviously employee number 8 doesn't care about getting
>offensive boards to help his team, he just wants to
>make baskets (or bricks in his case).

Ryan Lee is no FOW (Friend of Walker), but that doesn't mean he's wrong in
this case.

> After so many
>years of watching is game worsen (the turnovers, the
>poor shooting, that stupid wiggle to taunt his
>opponents), I am surprised anyone supports this guy.

I disagree that his game has worsened. Some aspects of it (e.g., shot
selection) haven't improved much, if at all. People support him because
he's talented, always plays hard (at least on the offensive end), and cares
about winning (although probably not nearly as much as about getting his
shots).

>The only thing he has improved is his number of shots
>per game, especially behind the 3 point arc.  Just
>looking at his career FG % makes me sick.  He was
>given too much power by Pitino and it made his head
>too big (pardon the pun).  For some reason he thinks
>he's on the same level as
>Kobe, Duncan, and even Pierce and he continues to take
>shots that he can't make as evidenced by his 42 %
>career FG percentage.  He should stop shooting the
>ball so much and let the more capable shooters take
>the shot like Johnson, Forte, Pierce, and even Kenny.
>Come to think of it, I wonder what Kenny's stats or
>even Joe Johnson's stats would be like if they were
>heaving up 20-30 shots a game.  Probably better than
>Toine since they have proper shooting technique.
>Toine is a starter because of his rebounding, but he
>by no means should be a primary scoring option.  Just
>give the ball up Toine and play the damn four spot
>correctly.

Gotta agree here.

> Or go to some other team and be their
>cancer.

Rod Strickland is a cancer; Toine is just immature in some aspects of the
game.