re: Celts-Bulls

At 21:18 11/2/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I just can't agree as to the severity of the problem: yes, Walker could
>pass more, but if you think he's going to take less than 20 shots a game
>with this coach or anytime soon, well, I guess I'd just have to disagree.
>"Pig-headed and puerile"?  Points for alliteration (as well as any
>non-melon-related-head reference), but I wouldn't use those words.  He's
>definitely in a slump, but he'll go on at least one or two tears this
>season -- probably at the end of the season, win a few games by himself,
>help the team.  You know, the usual.

He can go on his offensive tears without forcing the issue NOW.  In fact,
being more judicious with his shot selection right now might help him to
get on one of those tears sooner.

>And of course this statement:
>
>>  It's OK to be in a shooting
>> slump. It's NOT OK to be averaging 23 shot attempts while in a slump.
>
>borders on the ridiculous.  Shooters shoot themselves out of slumps.  I
>think you can make a case for Walker not being a "shooter" -- hmmm, maybe,
>  but try convincing him or his coach of that.

I don't NEED to make  a case about his not being a shooter - the evidence
is there for all to see, always has been.  He can do other things well, and
concentrating on them would help the team a lot more than jacking up 25-30
shots a game. But he won't, because scoring and hotdogging is what he cares
about.

Kestas