re: Celts-Bulls

> From: Kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu>
>
> I don't NEED to make  a case about his not being a shooter - the evidence
> is there for all to see, always has been.  He can do other things well,
> and
> concentrating on them would help the team a lot more than jacking up 25-30
> shots a game. But he won't, because scoring and hotdogging is what he
> cares
> about.

No, you don't.  Nor did I say you should or ought to.  My point was merely
that Walker and his coach obviously see Antoine as a shooter.  Therefore,
the shooter's rule applies.  I happen to think you're right: Walker's a
scorer, not a shooter, and would probably do better taking less shots and
grabbing more rebounds ... eventually.  Of course, until Eric Williams
emerges as the Mythical Third Scorer, Walker's going to keep taking his
shots.  And right now, he should.  I'd also like to know how some can
predict things like "The team will never win/go far in the playoffs with
Walker as the second scorer, taking 25 shots".  Watch him.

I'm sure Antoine Walker does like scoring and hotdogging (though, I guess
to some white people, any black man who shows any emotion on the court is
"hotdogging" -- I don't think you think like that, Kestas, but you might
see an element of that sort of thinking in the overwhelming criticism of
Antoine Walker as Boston Celtic), but your implication that he prefers
those things over winning is incorrect.  He just wants to do them all,
like Sam Cassell, Kobe Bryant, etc, etc.  He probably will.

(The Celtic "Tird")