Re: Maybe Pitino Was Right

I find it incredible that you would fault Mercer for
signing with the Bulls.  He signed with the team that
offered the most money as well as the most playing
time.  Although arm-chair quarterbacks like to fault
players for signing big contracts with bad teams,
there are probably very few people out there who
wouldn't do the same.

I think what Misha was trying to say was that if
trader Rick had held onto Mercer and Billups, then
right now we would be a better team, which I
definitely agree with.  They would also give Wallace
far tastier trade bait for the purpose of prying a
true center from another team or moving up in the
draft, overpaid or not.