Re: Maybe Pitino Was Right

In Pitino's  place would you have offered Ron Mercer an inconsistent shooter
the max? It is true maybe they could have agreed to a one year deal but who
knows. Derek Anderson is a guy who took less to go with San Antonio and
could possibly win a ring this year. Yeas they are few and far between but
Mercer had a chance to come back to the Celtics for a year and they
renegotiate a bigger deal but chose not to.

I am not sure we would have been better. Chauncy just could not handle the
point. Would he have been better than Brown, Carr, and Stith? That's
questionable. Maybe Brown and Carr but Stith has played well and we Denver's
draft pick also from the mercer trade.

As I said when the Anderson deal went down everyone was glad to welcome him
and move Chauncy out of town. Unfortunately he has not helped as expected.

Would you move Battie for Nazr Mohammed to shore up the inside game ? If the
Warriors can not make Marc Jackson and offer he can get elsewhere can we
move Battie or VP in a package for Jackson and Blaylock or Vonteego Cummings
?

If Ewing leaves Seattle which is likely, could we move VP or Battie for
Shammond Williams and Oyedeji ?

Who is going to coach the C's next year ?.

OB ?
Karl?
Ainge?
Westphal?