Re: Maybe Pitino Was Right

I am saying that Pitino misjudged the market, because he thought that there will be a team who will be willing to pay Mercer whatever his agent wanted. He could have waited his final year and let the market decide, what Mercer was worth. Since the C's had his LB rights they would have been able to do either a sign or trade or offer him his market value. - Mishra

  John Lyell <johnlyell@hotmail.com> wrote:

I am not sure it was Pitino but rather Mercer & Percy Miller that misjudged his market value. (Actually the 4 yr $28M may have been over payment so maybe his value was inflated.)

But for whatever reasons , he thought he could get more, or just wanted out from Pitino and or Walker he opted to pass.

Yes we definitely need 2-3 more scoring threats and some inside help if we want to compete at a higher level.

The way Walker has played the point forward I wonder if he really wants a point guard? I think it is obvious he really likes roaming the perimeter and not playing down low. Unfortunately that was why we brought in Fortson to play the 4 spot. When Danny is on he is a monster, unfortunately due to injuries he has not been consistent, and was a risk signing to a large multi-year deal. Just a business decision.

For some reason they did not think AW could play the 3 which I do not think he has shown he can. I don't think we will can reach the upper echelon with him jacking up 10 3's a game. As some one mentioned when PP has a big game you can see he goes to the charity stripe 10-15 times, Walker usually about 5-9  because his scoring is from beyond the arc which you live and die by.

What would bringing in 2 more scorers and a big man do to AW's game and ego ? I guess only time will tell.