Re: Celts tanking

W scribed:

>Troy Hash wrote:
>
>>  There is a reason that Brown has bounced around the NBA more times than a
>  > ping pong ball, it is because he sucks!!!
>
>Wow.... Randy Brown started his NBA career at Sacramento  and then as a free
>agent he left to go home and play under Phil Jackson as a pressure defender.

Wow.  Two whole teams?  The guy's a virtual journeyman.  A veritable
wanderer.  He sure has bounced around the league like a ping pong
ball, all right.  He's changed his address more times than ... than
... Larry Bird?  Jordan?  Magic?

>Sure, we probably shouldn't have signed him to the level of exception that we
>did, but could you name another player who would've come to Boston who would
>have given us more than what Randy will.

Good point about the level of exception.  I would've been a lot
happier to sign him to the $1.1mil one (even if that meant missing
out on Carr), because maybe the team could've gotten a better free
agent with the $2.2mil exception, but, then again, it didn't look
like anybody really exciting was going to come our way.  Well, maybe
Bimbo Coles (in hindsight we needed more points than swingmen), but
if Brown isn't worth the more expensive exception, Coles sure as dirt
isn't.

I still fail to see how Brown wasn't a good acquisition.  Not great,
mind you, but good.  The team needed a good defending point and we
got it.  Now the trick is for him to become healthy and stay that way.

Regards,

Bill