Re: Celts tanking

Troy Hash wrote:

> There is a reason that Brown has bounced around the NBA more times than a
> ping pong ball, it is because he sucks!!!  Best defender in Pitino era??

Wow.... Randy Brown started his NBA career at Sacramento  and then as a free
agent he left to go home and play under Phil Jackson as a pressure defender. He
may not have seen a lot of playing time in the three championships, (9.9mpg,
14.7mpg, 16.2mpg), but he excelled at the role that Phil Jackson gave him. He
had a very large supporter base; the Chicago media often praised him for his
defensive work.

Sure, we probably shouldn't have signed him to the level of exception that we
did, but could you name another player who would've come to Boston who would
have given us more than what Randy will.

Its one thing to say "We blew this exception." and its something entirely
different to saying "We blew this exception. The Celtics had an opportunity to
get players X, Y and Z who are all significantly better than Randy Brown."