Knicks > Celts (Pointwise and Fanwise)

I went to see the Celts at the Fleet this past Friday
and the thing that shocked me most wasn't Antoine's
boneheaded ballhogging final turnover of the game but
it was that there seemed to be a larger Knicks fanbase
at the game than Celtics fanbase.  I kid you not.
Everytime the Knicks scored, you could hear what
seemed like the 3/4 of the arena cheering for New
York.  I was absolutely dumbstruck.  This is supposed
to be the Celts home court and they couldn't muster
enough fans to drown out those New York bastards in
the stands.  This is a sad day in Celtics history when
the opposing team has more fans than they do at home.
One would think the Knicks being a larger market team
might draw more fans or maybe it's the fact that there
are alot of New Yorkers working and living in Boston
but I find it hard to believe that there were more New
Yorkers than Bostonians in the Fleet that night.  This
would never had happened in the Boston Garden.  I
remember attending the last game at the Garden (a loss
to Orlando in the playoffs) and the Garden was rockin.
 Even though Shaq was in town that game, I did not
hear one cheer for the Magic that day.  Back then
there was real unity in the stands.  Now it's a
friggin joke to actually cheer for the C's even at
home.  How pathetic is that?

Despite his major contribution to the C's comeback,
Melonhead coughed up the ball in crucial moments in
the fourth quarter and of course in overtime.  On the
last play, there had to have been at least 2 shooters
wide open when he posted low and the whole friggin
time he had his enormous head down and didn't pay one
bit of attention to his teammates.  He needs to trust
his teammates more in pressure situations, I mean look
what Chris Carr did.  That tying 3 pointer was fading
away with a defender in his mug (kind of like Vince
over Adrian in that one game and Walker still can't
give up the ball with Pierce shooting so well and Carr
having the clutch shooting hand.  Despite 5 seasons in
the league Walker still needs to grow up and realize
that he has teammates and that he doesn't have to hit
the game winning or tying shot every time.  Heck even
the opposing team knows Toine is a ballhog.

"I knew he (Walker) wasn't going to pass, especially
down low," said Ward, who had 11 points and 12
assists. "I took a chance and it worked out."

- AP article on Knicks game