Re: this team sucks/but will change

Hi Peter,

The minutes played are just an estimated guess and probably would be
decided by individual game scenarios and/or who has the hot hand. I
remember with the Celtic teams of the 80"s that other than Bird who
always got his 40 + minutes that the McHale, Parish, Ainge and even DJ
would usually average at the most 35 minutes a game. I hope that ego
would take a back seat to winning and this would come with maturity.

The crunch time players would in most cases always be your best players
and IMO would be Vitaly, Walker/Pierce and KA/Mercer, But this would be
good situation to have. If your looking for defense then maybe Oakley or
a Healthy Popeye would be in for a mercer with Pierce going over to
shooting guard. By the way for what ever it is worth I think Pierce is
the more complete player than Mercer. I think starting is given too much
importance, if I was a good player I would rather be in the game at the
end. As an example, I remember in the 70's Steve Kuberski started over
Paul Silas and we won a championship.

I agree with you on Bowen, he is defense minded and doesn't care about
his points.

Regards,
Hart