Re: this team sucks/but will change

Hi Peter

The way I see it and for arguments sake, say that Popeye recovers, and
we sign an Oakley.

Starting team: 	C: Vitaly  PF: Oakley  SF: Walker  PG: KA    SG:Mercer
Off the bench: 	C/SF/PF: Battie (I really like this kid-multi
positional player)
	      	SF/SG: Pierce (Would be great taking smaller forwards
and guards to the basket or posting them up)
		PG/SG: Barros (Unless someone better is available)
		PF: Popeye (IF healthy)
This could be one hell of a competetive team both offensively and
defensively. You know for sure with Oakley and a healthy Popeye, there
will be hard fouls and no lay-ups, it just gives us mental toughness,
something we sorely lack.
		Remainder of bench if all things remain status quo: Minor, McCarty and
Riley would all play small minutes.
Here is how I see the minutes divided up for our 9 man rotation:
			C: Vitaly 30/Battie 18
			PF:Oakley 24/ Popeye 24
			SF:Walker 36/Pierce 12
			PG:KA 36/Barros 12
			SG:Mercer 30/Pierce 18
Pierce should develop into a Havilcek type swing player, and could
really be something. Walker will average 23 PPg/10 RPG player, Mercer
and Pierce combined will give us 35 + PPg per game. KA 12PPG, Vitaly 10
PPG, Battie/Barros/Oakley and Popeye and the rest of the bench should
give us 25-30 PPg. In essence we should be able to score 100 points a
game next year and with the defensive presence hopefully of an Oakley
type, a healthy Popeye a more mature Battie and Walker and a Vitaly,
rebounding will be less of a problem. For Christ sakes Popeye, Battie
and Oakley would score 12-14 cleanup points just from offensive rebounds
and putbacks. We don't have this right now.
I do believe that Pitino will most likely try to trade Minor somewhere
for almost anything if he can. I also think that if he could get a
defensive minded point guard for KA, he would do it in a heartbeat. I
think that the big 3 are pretty secure and Vitaly is here for the long
term.
Anyway just some thoughts , I didn't mean to bore you all.

Regards,
Hart