Re: this team sucks/but will change

> Higher quality Vets that would fit the C's needs are,
> Eric Murdock(a Pitino fan),
As a backup point guard, sure.

>Rhodric Rhodes(played some pt guard for the Rockets, and USC.
>Bowen caliber defense),
I remember that Pitino praised Rhodes to the Rockets.
But he doesn't seem to be a real point guard, and playing
point for the Rockets seems to consist of walking it up,
dumping it into Barkley or Olajuwon (or Willis last year),
and spotting up for a three-pointer. I don't know if this
is what the Celtics need.

>Terry Porter.
Another old fella who is looking to play for a contender.
He's another example of why NBA life is not over at age 30
as many on the list suggest. Seriously, people are doubting
Payton because he's 30? He's probably going to be around and
effective for another 6 years (albeit not all of them at the
MVP level he's at now).

> Kenny for Sam Cassell could be the best situation(don't know about
> salaries). We'd get size, talent, championship poise/intangibles.
> Even after Houston lost Thorpe and Kenny Smith, they rode
> Hakeem and Cassell's back to a championship.

Isn't Cassell a bit of a ball hog also? And wasn't Cassell a backup
player on the Rockets championship teams? Yes, a valuable backup,
but did he really carry the Rockets?

I do agree that Cassell is not a bad option especially because he
has a nice, low salary.

Alex