Re: Sprewell had options.

>Does P.J. need counseling also?  Before you make a judgement wait until
>all of the evidence is presented.  If this case goes to trial, P.J.'s
>reputation is also on the line.  I think players as far back as Seton
>Hall will be called to verify his character.  Therefore, the N.B.A. will
>either have to stick by P.J. or leave him out to dry.  The race card does
>not have to be played to destroy one's character.  P.J. and sprewell have
>both had rocky backgrounds.  So, was Sprewell provoked or was P.J. just
>an innocent bystander who happened to get in the way?

PJ's reputation will be put out there and soiled, just like a victim of
rape is typically portrayed as a floozy who wanted it.  It has been noted
that PJ has had run-ins with several players.  The notable ones (only ones
I've ever heard about) are Rod Strickland, JR Rider, and Latrell Sprewell.
An interesting list.  I'd say you have to consider the source of all
information you get, and weigh in every consideration, including the
hundreds of players he has coached who had no problem with him.

Matt