Re: jeff and Mc agreeing and Mark's Who thoughts

Mark's just refusing to move forward, though. This would be the same thing as refusing to accept the band as The Who after Keith Moon died. Look how much fun he would have missed if he'd quit being a fan in 1979.

If Mark wants to sit home and refuse to accept the new Who, that's fine. It's fine to have this viewpoint, but it's not okay to insist the band have this viewpoint, too. Obviously it's not very productive for them, since they seem to want to continue with playing music.

I'm sure they're thinking that their estates can sell the old shows when they finally die-before-they-get-old, but since they're not at that point yet, they want to sell what they're doing now. It's lots more fun than digging through old, dusty tapes.

keets

I can accept Marks' opinion on the matter because they seemingly come from a very extensive background in the Who. He has a problem with them continuing without John out of principle, not because of an overall belief that the Who and their shows are exploiting fans merely for money. Maybe I'm mis-stating his opinion, but these are my thoughts. I can accept criticism of the band from a true fan much better than some crackpot journalist who calls the band "tired" and has yet to take in a show.

mc