fish and chips

In a message dated 8/25/2002 7:00:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Thanks for the belly laugh :-D
> I think AEB is still both fun and funny.
> I'm not sure what an unmitigated prick is, but I really don't see him as a
> pox.
> Do all Brits really eat fish and chips and have gnarled teeth?
>
> Buck is dead.  Long live AEB!
>
> Jeff

They all also suck on limes.  I was actually explaining the slur "limey" to a
student once, and told them that sailors sucked on limes to keep their
vitamin C levels up to combat the threat of rickets, and a student raised his
hand and asked what limes were: "are they a type of fish or something?"  The
entire classed roared with laughter, as did I.  I am being playful here, not
antagonistic.  AEB can make a drunken Irish slur if he wants, and I'll take
it in good humor.

mc

mc