Re: uninformed reviewers

In a message dated 8/25/2002 5:48:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Mc:
>
> And what if I said I disregard rave reviews from people who never saw a
> full Who concert with John Entwistle to compare the new shows with. If I
> really wanted to be anal, I could say I disregard any reviews from someone
> who never saw them with Moon. Only those of us who have can honestly
> compare any other live performance with The Who when they were in their
> prime. Think about that.

I wouldn't discount this opinion.  It's entirely valid.  However, I would say
that an experienced reviewer could critique a show based on the general
performance, no matter who was in the band.  I think I can go to a show and
make a reasonable determination of the overall quality without hving seen the
band before.  True, I couldn't rate the show compared to others by the same
band, but I could determine if the guitarist was "on" or not, or if the
singer's voice was good, or the overall energy.

mc