Re: sting escaping the police

> Interesting double entendre here.  Anyway, I think Sting was so much more
> visible than the rest of the band, making it easier for him to break free.

Oh definitely.  And he's gone on to have a very successful solo career - shifting
down to a more mellow, adult contemporary sound.  I've always felt that Pete
was hoping for a mellow solo career on par with Sting's.  Alas, that didn't happen.

Why is the idea of a "mellow Pete" dissatisfying for many (admittedly, even me)?
Although I do like some of his mellow solo stuff, yet....... Oh, it's so confusing.

- SCHRADE in Akron