Re: BBE vs. STH/Popularity

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Mark Leaman wrote:

> Well now, I've never heard Tea Party, but the rest you mention are certainly
> Heavy Metal (or were in their time, like Rush).
> AC/DC wasn't HM? C'mon now!

Hard Rock, not Heavy Metal.  Metal would to me be Sabbath, Maiden, Priest,
Metallica.

> Well, the answer to that is obvious. It's easier to play.
> And impressive, since it sounds like it's not easy to play.
> Why did you think? Because it's so mammoth? In the words of George Bailey:
> "Nope, nope, nope..."

Easy songs to play hmmm.  My Generation, I Can't Explain, Baba O'Reilly,
Won't Get Fooled Again, Squeeze Box, Who Are You

> I'm one who CAN say that The Who were better than Zep, without the slightest
> pang of regret. LZ at best did 3 classic albums, whereas The Who clock in at
> 7 (only if you count TOMMY & QUAD as one album each)...Zep had 5 great years
> while The Who had 11.

What were #6 & 7?  I can come up with TWSO(The Who Sings Sgt Pepper), Tommy,
L@L, WN, Quad.  The rest have a few good songs with a varying degree of
filler.

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend