Who Influenced bands

Mark Leaman wrote
> >So what modern day artist/group do people on this list think is most
> >like the Who?  (Musically, artistically, personality-ly, whatever you
> >like.)

> Personally, I would say that REM comes more from the Byrds, but who am I to
> gainsay Pete?

I thought it was a pretty good match in terms of emotion, lyrics, and
trying to stretch your standard 3 minute pop song to say something a
little deeper.

> Bush

That's who I was thinking, though I'm not sure why...

> and some older bands:
> U2
> Police
> Ramones

Why these?  I confess I don't see the connection.

--
- Brad Goldman
 (Brad@jimmy.harvard.edu)