Re: Bible belt

<<  And I think there are a lot more people like me
 in the "Bible Belt" than you seem to believe.  IF you come over for the MSG
 shows, you ought to come down to Dixie and check it out yourself.

 AThosWhite >>

As one who was born in Chicago but considers home to be Georgia, I agree with
the above statement.  I love the South - much more than ANY area of the
country I have ever been in.  The small Ohio town I live in is about 90 per
cent Catholic and the rest are heretics (according to the Catholics) who
practice other Protestant religions.  It is very big here in the Midwest as
well - not just in the South.  That's fine - religion is supposed to be a
very personal experience - like Pete's Baba phase - and it is not supposed to
be used as a weapon for any reason.

As a Libertarian who idolizes Jefferson (the only real political thinker in
the history of America), let there be room for all religions - just don' t
put them in my face or in my government (I can seriously debate ANY
fundamentalist who tries that crap about how the founding fathers wanted a
nation based on Christian principles - it is not true at all!).

So don't bag on the South when it is all over the place as well.  North
Carolina is a nice state (Jesse Helms sucks but that's another topic) -
particularly Asheville in the mountains and Raleigh - both very nice cities
with very nice people.  I can certainly think of quite a few Northern states
that are much worse.

Keep up the good work Tarheels - first at Manassas, farthest at Gettysburg,
last at Appomattox.

Greg (Southern by choice - not by the grace of God) Biggs