Re: Walker

         Reply to:   Re: Walker
I know this is not a Red Sox mailing list, but I think there are some parallels here. IMO, Boggs basically left not because he was no longer productive but because relations between himself and the team had deteriorated to the point where it was best for both sides that he go. Not an everyday player? Funny, he played the same number of games (143) that first year for the Yankees as he had the 2 previous years for Boston, and had more ABs than he had both of those years. The same applies to Clemens: would you be calling him a prima donna if he were still throwing K's in Fenway? Even if the Sox offered him the gaudy numbers Toronto did (and how do any of us know? We only know what's "reported" -- nobody publishes contract offers), he was probably so sick of dealing with Dan Duquette (and who wouldn't be?) that he wanted out. Mo is headed down the same path, being escorted by an anus of a GM ... and Walker could be next if Pitino doesnt start playing some serious soothing music. I hope you are right, though, that it is all posturing. The Celtics need Walker, warts and all. Thanks for your thoughts.