Re: Most Disturbing Thing About The Walker Article

>From: damekmo@teleport.com
>Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:24:56 -0800
>To: celtics@igtc.COM
>Subject: Re: Most Disturbing Thing About The Walker Article

>What's so upsetting about the following:
>
>''Pierce is a good player,'' Walker says. ''He's a guy who can come off
the
>bench and give scoring to our second unit. But I know our team needs.
We
>need big people.''
>>
>Whoa. Pierce off the bench? How about Pierce starting? <P>
>>
>''It could happen,'' Walker said. '' ... But I don't see it.''<P>
>
>That's bashing?

Of course it's bashing.  It's an arrogant statement by a guy who's led
the Celtics to two lottery appearances.  What has Walker proven
for him to denigrate a quality player like Pierce?   And don't even
throw out that crap about Pierce being unproven, because you can make
the same statement about every rookie entering the NBA.  But
certain players have "it", whatever "it" is; and Pierce possesses
"it."  Walter McCarty: ha ha ha.  A guy who can't shoot or guard anyone.
Just another exhibition of Antoine's latent cluelessness.
WC

How long has Antoine known Walter? How many games has
>Pierce played in the NBA? Walker admitted Pierce was a good player.
Good
>enough that he "could" start as an NBA small forward. His opinion was
that
>he didn't see him starting over his friend who he's played with for
years.
>I'm sorry, I just don't see a problem here. Pierce has proven zero, has
>given the team zero. He has to prove his worth at "the next level."
Seems
>fair to me. I'll comment on the article more later, but right now what
I'm
>most concerned with is Pitino's inability / refusal to talk to his
captain
>and best player - Theresa, I loved your comments - and the continuing
>question about the source of the $105 mil. figure. What I'd like to
know is
>who gave this figure to the press? Have the Celtics contacted Falk or
>Walker concerning the contract? If Falk was the source of the figure,
how
>have the Celtics responded, or have they responded at all. We've spent
>lot of time calling Walker's salary "demands" outrageous, calling him
>selfish, when we really don't know what he and Falk want. One last
thing.
>Concerning the non-mandatory camp. Walker said he would've gone if
Pitino