No Subject

> I've been heartened to read on this list in recent days that McHale and Reggie L. made similar threats about leaving when they were in contract limbo. But I would hate to see the Celtics actually push him out the door.

It won't happen it is only posturing by both parties. When push comes to
shove it will get done. Besides there is not much to talk about by
either party until the CBA is renegotiated and completed.

> 2) It's nice to hear Walker say he has not actually demanded $100 mil from the team, just as many of us had questioned. Of course, he could be putting his own PR spin on this. It is also nice to hear him & members of his family saying he wants to stay in Boston.

He knows he has reached star status in Boston and that stokes his Ego.

> 3) re: Pitino's summer camps and workouts. I wonder what the precedent is here? Do Jordan, etc. go to such summer camps? I could see how Walker's refusal to attend could steam Pitino. On the other hand, I seem to remember Jordan blowing off a White House reception and Rodman blowing off just about everything. Will Pitino's demand for control supersede his ability to be flexible with his best player?

He hasn't reached Jordan status yet. He is the Captain and certain
obligations go with that position. As much as I like Antoine he is dead
wrong about this.

> 5) No matter how good Walker may be on the court, thank God he is not GM. How could he say Nazr would have been a better choice than Pierce? No matter how close he is to Mohammed. How could he say Pierce is a bench player? That comment to me illustrates stupidity and lack of judgment .. and makes me wonder what relations on and off the court will be like between Walker & PP.

Again he is dead wrong about this but most of this garbage talk was
fueled by the Falk animal.

> I don't know, I just see the Red Sox and Celtics both headed down this destructive path of driving away their best players, men who are unquestionably among the top performers in their respective leagues. I just don't get it. How many times does a Roger Clemens have to leave town & win a Cy Young, or a Wade Boggs go to New York and bat .300 plus??

No way I could feel bad about the prima donna Clemens.it was reported
that the Sox offered him basically the same money and he went anyway.
It must be tough to live on 8 mill a year although in Clemens case a lot
of it must go to food. Mo was offered a fair contract and he chose to
reject it and as much as he is liked by Sox fans a 4year 40 mill
contract seems pretty fair. Boggs was not a full time player any longer
when he went to the Yanks. He by the way would make a great color man
for Marv Albert on the Knicks broadcast. They would have great Bimbo
stories to relate to us. If Boggs can't make it, how about Clinton.

Regards,
Hart