Re: Most Disturbing Thing About The Walker Article

>Subject: Most Disturbing Thing About The Walker Article
>From: wayray@ix.netcom.com (Way Of The Ray)
>

>It was Antoine bashing his soon to be ex-teammate Paul Pierce.  Christ, how
>much has Antoine seen of Pierce's game to make that kind of value judgement?
>Plus, it goes against Pitino's belief that teammates shouldn't disparage each
>other.  Forget the hubbub about the "Wiggle", this is the thing that people
>should be upset about.
>
>Ray

What's so upseting about the following:

''Pierce is a good player,'' Walker says. ''He's a guy who can come off the
bench and give scoring to our second unit. But I know our team needs. We
need big people.''

Whoa. Pierce off the bench? How about Pierce starting? <P>

''It could happen,'' Walker said. '' ... But I don't see it.''<P>

That's bashing? How long has Antoine known Walter? How many games has
Pierce played in the NBA? Walker admitted Pierce was a good player. Good
enough that he "could" start as an NBA small forward. His opinion was that
he didn't see him starting over his friend who he's played with for years.
I'm sorry, I just don't see a problem here. Pierce has proven zero, has
given the team zero. He has to prove his worth at "the next level." Seems
fair to me. I'll comment on the article more later, but right now what I'm
most concerned with is Pitino's inability / refusal to talk to his captain
and best player - Theresa, I loved your comments - and the continuing
question about the source of the $105 mil. figure. What I'd like to know is
who gave this figure to the press? Have the Celtics contacted Falk or
Walker concerning the contract? If Falk was the source of the figure, how
have the Celtics responded, or have they responded at all. We've spent a
lot of time calling Walker's salary "demands" outrageous, calling him
selfish, when we really don't know what he and Falk want. One last thing.
Concerning the non-mandatory camp. Walker said he would've gone if Pitino
told him his attendance would've gotten other players there. He also said
he would've attended if the camp was for a team workout. Sounds pretty team
oriented to me. Is Walker the player rep' for the Celtics? Anyway, it's
just me, but I came away from the article more convinced that Pitino just
doesn't want the kid on the team. Walker's the captain. Talk to him.
Finally.....I'm going to be late....You wonder why the Celtics have been on
a downward spiral for almost a decade now? Don't need a talented player
like Walker do they? All that "Pride" will do the trick, right?

Paul M