Re: To trade or not to trade?

There may be plenty of players who equal Mercer's ability, but not many
of them are his age or only have one year under their belts as a pro.
Mercer has a chance to be one of those "special" players who can score
and defend.  I remember reading the criticisms of his defence a short
time ago and felt they were totally unfounded.  I also like his
toughness. (Remember when Popeye levelled him last year?)  As well, he's
ice from the line late in the game.

Cecil