Re: Should I buy a Corrado SLC???

On 4/25/01 3:26 PM, "Bill Hussey" <list_squid@hotmail.com> wrote:

<< You can snicker all you want at the fact that my Jetta is an automatic,
but at least I have the common sense to understand that no matter which
tranny you put in this car, it's never going to be rewarding to drive ..
period!    >>

Pinheadism is alive and well, it seems.

I like my Jetta, it has a 5-speed, and I find it VERY rewarding to drive. I
don't feel the need to plunk down a shitload of extra cash for a car that I
don't even like anyway, just to say "I have a BMW, a rewarding RWD car to
drive." And it may come as a surprise to you, but I've dusted more than a
couple "ultimate driving machines" with my lowly Jetta.

Yeah, it's front-heavy, yeah, it plows, no, it's not a track car, blah blah,
woof woof. BUT, I have fun with my car, to it's and my own limits, who gives
a rat's ass whether you or anyone else thinks I'm a REAL driver. I ain't out
to win LeMans, Indy or Daytona - I'm out to have fun with what I brung.

Yours is the kind of attitude that makes the rest of the world hate BMW
drivers.

Cheers,

Dave
'88 Jetta coupe