Re: i'm kinda shopping 4 a car.

At 10:53 AM -0500 03/09/2000, Bill Hussey wrote:
>Khan Klatt wrote:
>
>  > Secondly, only the GLX model (at least in the A3 chassis) had the
>  > forward tilting seats. The A3 and A4 are much more different than a
>  > A3 GTI is compared to a A3 Jetta.
>
>Not true, my friends '96 Jetta GL had height-adjustable seats, so
>did every VW on
>the showroom when I went to look.
>
>Bill

That doesn't sound like what I'm talking about. On my GLX, I have
three controls. One adjusts the distance from the pedals. Another
adjusts the inclination of the seat by means of a hand-dial, whether
you're leaning back, or sitting right up. The third control adjusts
the angle, so you can drop the seat to the ground, or angle it up--
in fact, pulling on that lever without sitting in the seat will shoot
the headrest through the windshield.

It is my understanding that this third control, the spring loaded
lever, does not exist in the A3 GL and GLS. Does the A4 GLX have all
three controls? How about the A4 GL?

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax