Re: stock tires do not suck - THEY BLOW!!! HAHAHA

..ahem..

First of all, the GA's are unarguably crappy tires.  Goodyears, in general,
are crappy tires.  They have come on 3 of the cars in my family, and they
were all terrible.   As ashamed as I am to admit it, though, I did buy a
couple of Goodyears....FOR MY TRAILER!!  155SR12 T-metrics.  $20ea.  So
shoot me.

The biggest problem with the GA's is their weak sidewall construction.  The
tires don't track very well (lots of steering correction) and are very
imprecise when pushed.  Even my P210A's have better steeing feel compared to
the GA's (although the snows' ultimate grip is less).  Also, the GA's cause
almost all the torque steer in our cars.  Don't believe me?  Try different
tires and the torque steer will just about go away.  Besides all that, they
have a tendency to rupture sidewalls over moderate road hazards.  Need more
evidence?  Even Consumer Reports gave the GA's a low rating.  Mine came off
after about 5k miles (the oem struts made it to 8k).  Couldn't stand them
any longer.  Even if you are looking for medium-performance tires, there are
much better choices.

-Chris
Very close to NYC, too
Bridgestones and Pirellis on my Jetta