Re: Coilovers vs. Shocks/Springs/Struts

Beautiful. I got it now. So the first coil and the last coil actually
sit inside the "trays" of the strut. So, where the strut comes in
contact with the first and last coil of the spring, what holds the
spring in place is simply that the spring is compressed, and can not
expand beyond what the strut can expand to...

Maybe you said it below, but I'm not exactly sure how the first coil
and the last coil are "fixed" (if they even are) to the strut
"trays", or what you called the perch. Perhaps they turn a little
into a slot in the perch on the bottom and the top, effectively
locking it in place?

-Khan