Re: Wheel locks

Reminds me of my panic situation this weekend.  I got a flat at Hoover
Dam this weekend.  My friend was taking off the lug bolts while I was
getting out the spare when he says, "I need the key for the wheel
locks".  Wheel locks??  Doh!  Looked in the jack bag...not there.
Luckily it was laying on the bottom of the spare tire well.

When you finally get them off, I'd leave them off and get regular bolts.
I've read a lot of stories on the GTI VR6 list of the factory wheel
locks stripping out.

-Mike