Off-topic: RE: Installing larger rims/tires...

Chuck,

I saw the same episode yesterday. Basically you only need the recalibrator
if the overall size (circumference) of the tire is either larger or smaller
than stock. If you go with 16" wheels, most likely you will get lower
profile tires to keep the same overall size. BTW I believe the recalibrating
device hooks up to the speedo sensor at the tranny.

Speaking of cars on TV, did anyone watch the TLC special Secret World of
Cars? The first part about design and safety was very interesting. And
towards the end they got into modding cars. Disappointing since the featured
cars were all rice rockets. I was however quite impressed by some of the
times those little Civics posted. One guy did a 0-60 in 3.5 secs, and even
his mom showed up with a turbocharged Honda Odyssey of all cars and did a
1/4 mile in 14.2! If you ever find yourself at a light with an ugly bright
yellow minivan, beware!

Kevin