RE: VWPAN97 adapter power?

I had the same problem.  When I got mine I had to call the support line to
figure how to install it.  Basically the first guy that I talk to did not
know what to do.  The second person told me that I had to connect the red
wire to a constant hot wire.  What I did, was connect the red wire to the
trunk light wire, which is constant on.  After that, it worked like a champ.
BTW I think the best place to install the CD changer is on the left
(drivers) side, facing up.

Franklin
98 Black GLX