TIRES (Good News & Bad News) - OPINIONS WANTED!

The bad news is that my rear drivers Eagle GA is flat, flat, flat with a
nice big nail in it. If the GA can't get repaired, I've been preparing to
buy a new set of tires (205/50/R15's). And here is the table I built:

(hopefully this will look right in your mail client, it's nicely formatted
in mine)

[Pricing is relative, and primarily obtained from tirerack.com]

Maker		Product		TW	Temp	Trac	Speed	Price
-----------	---------------	-------	-------	-------	-----	-----
BF Goodrich	Comp T/A ZR	200	A	A	ZR	$110
BF Goodrich	Euro T/A RF	350	A	A	HR	$77
Bridgestone	Potenza RE71	140	A	A	ZR	$81
Continental	Sport Con. CV90	200	A	A	VR	$91
Dunlop		SP Sport 8000	200	A	A	ZR	$90
Dunlop		SP Sport D40 M2	200	A	A	ZR	$88
Dunlop		SP Sport 4000AS	300	A	A	ZR	$90
Dunlop		D60 A2 JLB	320	A	A	HR	$81
Pirelli		PZero Sys. Asim	140	A	A	ZR	$114
Pirelli		P700Z		140	A	A	VR	$68
Sumitomo	HTR Z		160	A	A	ZR	$78
Sumitomo	HTR 50H		220	A	A	HR	$56
Toyo		Proxes Z1	360	A	A	ZR
Toyo		Proxes T1	200	A	A	VR
Yokohama	A509		160	A	A	VR	$92
Goodyear	Eagle GA	280	A	B	HR

[THIS DATA COULD BE INCORRECT!]

Here are my points:

The best overall performance tires are the PZero Asimmetricos, but at a
hefty price. Living in the NW, rain is an issue, and these perform fairly
well.

Next are the Proxes T1's, but they don't do so well in the rain, which is
why I list the Z1's. Pricing is ???.

The next ones are the Dunlop SP 8000's, at a fairly approachable price.

Finally, the bargain of all of them is the Pirelli P700Z's, at a bargain
price of under $70, they stand to offer the best bang for the buck.

I want to maximize treadwear, get as close to Z as possible (but V & H are
acceptable, as I rarely if ever exceed 120mph), and get decent rain
performance.  Once those conditions are met, I want the best performing
tire there is out of the remaining selection.

My questions, should you choose to answer them are:

	1. Should I consider expanding my selection beyond the PZero's,
P700Z's,
	Proxes Z1's, and SP 8000's, based on my criteria?

	2. If not, which of the four should I buy to meet my criteria?

	3. Which ones should I exclude, and why from the ones I've selected?

THANKS,

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225