Re: New Jetta Suspension Differences

> >Also, can anyone compare the GTI suspension to the
> >Jetta GLS 2.0L?
>
> That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Maybe so, but surely there are people on this mailing list
who have driven both and can give me an opinion on which
handles better.  My local dealer doesn't even have a GTI
that I can test drive.

> >I'd like to stay with VW, but if I can't find something
> >with better handling than the Jetta GLS 2.0L, I may have
> >to look elsewhere.  (I know I could do a suspension
> >upgrade, but the cars are expensive enough already.)
>
> Yes you would but then it wouldn't be a Volkswagen would it?
> If you don't understand that you might as well buy a Toyota or Honda.
> Wait for the 1.8 Turbo, it will blow your socks off with a minor
> chip change and suspension tweaks. Add all wheel drive and things
> could get really interesting.

I'm not sure what your point is.  It still would be a VW,
only it would be more expensive (and it would handle better).
*My* point is that the VR6 Jetta is expensive enough already
(from my point of view, maybe not yours).  I'm just trying to
find out if the VR6's have different suspensions from the 2.0L.
Is that so much to ask?

But you may be right--I probably should buy something other
than a Volkswagen.

By the way, I've driven a '99 Passat with the 150 hp turbo.
It was a lot better than the 2.0L, but it did have some
turbo lag which I don't care for.

> and to think I thought I was the only one here with a Ph.D. and MBA on this
> list.
>
> Dr. Bob

I don't have my Ph.D. yet, which is why a few thousand dollars
makes a big difference to me.

Keith

Keith D. Kotay
Ph.D. Candidate