Re: New Jetta on VWVortex (was Re: List Member Stickers)

At 7:29 PM -0700 4/19/99, Michael & Carmen Keith wrote:

>If my memory is correct, VW claims that the VR6 in the new Jetta has a
>different intake manifold than that which came on the A3 Jettas, & this
>intake manifold accounts for the improved horsepower & torque of the VR6 in
>the new Jetta.

I dont' know why it is better performing (it may be what you say) but that
is the reason I had in my mind. Doesn't it up the HP by about 8 hp? That's
nothing to sneeze at, although for your money (I can imagine that such an
engine could cost a pretty penny) you're much better off applying it to
something else, like a chip, exhaust, or even a blower (turbo/supercharge).

-Khan